A SuperHomes Retrofit
SuperHomes is a one-stop-shop for your home energy retrofit. We design your retrofit and look after all the key stages, from tender through to the payment of grant funding. We engage leading contractors and experienced retrofit specialists to offer you the best quality retrofit in Ireland. SuperHomes is a not-for-profit enterprise that places your retrofit and your interests at the heart of our service.
From Survey to SuperHome Video
The SuperHomes team explains how our home retrofit process works, from application to survey to design and works.
There are 4 essential measures which must be implemented if not already in place
- Air to water heat pump
- Advanced ventilation (heat recovery or demand controlled ventilation)
- Airtightness improvement (reducing draughts and heat loss)
- Insulation to a high standard
Other Relevant Measures:
- Cavity wall, attic, flat roof and external wall insulation
- External Doors
- Wood burning Stove
- Solar photovoltaic (PV) panels to generate electricity
- Low Energy Lighting
- On receipt of your application, our Retrofit Advisor will get in touch and explain the grants available.
- A home survey is completed by one of our Retrofit Engineers, which includes a BER calculation and examination of other energy characteristics such as cold bridging issues, windows and draughts.
- The Retrofit Engineer evaluates the results of the home survey and the most effective measures required to achieve a SuperHome will be incorporated into tender documents for pricing. We will only price essential retrofit measures and will only recommend a tender to our clients if it represents value for money.
- An Energy Report is issued to you with energy recommendations, costs and grant funding outlined.
- If you are satisfied with the recommendations in the Energy Report, we draw up a contract for the retrofit and agree a start date with you.
The Financial Incentive
- A low carbon home that will be substantially cheaper to heat (average of 30% to 70% reduction of energy bills)
- Grant funding is available through SEAI. SuperHomes will source, secure and administer grants on behalf of our customers.
- Get ahead of carbon taxes.
- A warm house, with healthy interior air (through excellent ventilation)
- Reduced colds, flues and respiratory illnesses.
- Balanced heating throughout the house which can be programmed remotely
- A low carbon home that will be substantially cheaper to heat.
- Reduction in carbon emissions to between 30%-70%