Why should homeowners take part?
- Up to 50% financial support available for homes rated D1 or below (some C3 homes may also be eligible)
- Bring your home to an A3 BER or as near as is economically possible.
- Designed to implement all cost effective retrofit measures in one package.
- A warm house, with healthy interior air (through excellent ventilation).
- Reduced colds, flues and respiratory illnesses.
- A low carbon home that will be substantially cheaper to heat (Aiming for 50% to 70% reduction of energy bills).
How much will the works cost?
- Costs will vary depending on the works required. All SuperHomes projects are bespoke. Our SuperHomes Advisor will provide you with an estimate of costs prior to agreeing to a detailed Home Survey.
- SuperHomes whole house retrofit projects range from €30,000 to €80,000 depending on the size and age of the house. The net costs after grants are applied range from €20,000 to €40,000.
- The full cost of works will be revealed in the Energy Report after the Home Survey is complete. The fee for the survey and report is €475 minimum.
- Where homeowners have agreed to proceed with the recommended works, additional professional and administrative fees will be payable to SuperHomes at stipulated pre- and post-works intervals. The fee total will range between €1,250 and €3,600, depending on the works undertaken.
What are the eligible works?
There are 3 minimum mandatory measures which must be implemented to qualify for financial support.
- Minimum Mandatory Measures:
- Renewable Primary heating system (air source heat pump)
- Advanced ventilation (heat recovery or demand controlled ventilation)
- Air permeability reduction
- Other Relevant Measures:
- Cavity wall, attic, flat roof and external wall insulation
- Windows or energy saving glazing replacement
- Energy Saving Front and Back Doors
- Renewable Stove
- Solar photovoltaic (PV) systems
- Low Energy Lighting
Terms & Conditions
- SuperHomes Ireland is open to houses built pre 2006
- €475 Home Survey fee
- Where homeowners have agreed to proceed with the recommended works, additional professional and administrative fees will be payable to Tipperary Energy Agency, at stipulated pre- and post-works intervals. The fee total will range between €1,250 and €3,600, depending on the works undertaken
- Houses over 240M2 will incur an addition charge of €250 inc. VAT for the initial survey.
- Inclusion on the scheme is at the sole discretion of the Tipperary Energy Agency, no guarantee of inclusion is given. Applications will be assessed on a case by case basis of location, suitability and application date.
- The project will need to be completed from start to finish in less than 3 months from date of launch.
- Homeowners will only be given a very limited amount of time to proceed with the works.
- Tipperary Energy Agency is not a financial intermediary, therefore all loan and finance queries should be directed to the relevant personal financial adviser.